Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Winter time along the Lake Michigan shoreline is so interesting, but it can get brutally cold, and dangerous though. The waves freeze and create pockets, cracks, and ice balls, which all make for unstable walking conditions. I layered up my winter clothes and put my ice cleats on my boots and hiked the short one mile trail through the woods to the beach. On this day last winter the ice balls had formed and where scattered all over the frozen and snow covered beach, some bigger than basketballs. I liked the textures in the clouds, and I liked how they where softening the sunlight, allowing for a soft glow and just enough shadow to see the shapes. I took several shots but ended up liking this one the best. I like the way it looks other worldly, and like I'm in the Antarctic and not a forty five minute drive from my home in west Michigan.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor