TAKE PART • WIN $100
The village of Ballintoy is located on the Causeway Coast in Northern Ireland. A short distance from the village lies the harbour which is famous as one of the locations for the television series "Game of Thrones".
The location is a 30 minute drive from my home and on this occasion when I had reasonable light I paid it a visit. There are quite a number of compositions available including the White Church and Elephant rock to name a few.This day I chose to visit the flat rock which is a short walk from the car park. The rock is easily accessed and is popular with tourists. On the rock is a lifebelt attached to a wooden post and I found that the red belt contrasted nicely with the blue of the ocean and the sky. The views out to sea include a small rock known as Sheep Island and in the far distance is the better known Rathlin Island. This location produces excellent photography in all seasons but the rock can be dangerous during stormy weather. During the summer months the sun rises over the islands in the background.
Ballintoy is a location that is easily reached and given the light will produce excellent photography. There is also the added bonus of meeting other photographers.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor