TAKE PART • WIN $100
In Hebrew Ein Sof is understood as “…God prior to any self-manifestation…”The Zohar explains the term “Ein Sof” as, “…Before He gave any shape to the world, before He produced any form, He was alone, without form and without resemblance to anything else. Who then can comprehend how He was before the Creation?…”
Capturing the miracles of nature’s magnificence is the quest of any photographer. As artists we then use our imagination and intellect to explain our relationship with this natural world for which we exist, then share our experiences with the world in what ever form we aspire.
Inevitably the curiosity of our existential reality stands up before us and makes claim to us that this world we inhabit is not a random chance event. The miracle of life is a complexity unexplainable in its origin, and yet when gifted moments such as this, it’s difficult to comprehend anything other than divine creation.
On this October sunset, perched just below the rim of a shoreline bluff, my eyes were headed east, capturing a long exposure golden hour sun on a quiet little cove. As the light was fading the shot wasn’t working. I decided to peek over the rim of the bluff to see what the sun was doing, and this scene greeted me. It took my breath away. There was no time to plan, or fiddle with my gear, or get intellectually engaged, the sun was already gone and the light was leaving quickly. Without hesitation, I literally picked up my tripod, swung around and frantically started shooting, adjusting exposure on the fly in order to capture this moment before it faded into my memory with no record of the experience. I was certain that I was experiencing a “moment in life miracle”, I just wasn’t sure I was able to capture the image. Not until I returned home and fired up the studio did I realize “Infinite Light” had indeed graced my lens, allowing me to share the moment with you.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor