Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This image began years before I captured it. I had long admired traditional Chinese landscape paintings, which often used layers of landscape such as mountain ridges to help achieve the illusion of three-dimensional depth. These paintings had influenced my landscape photography style. For years I did not realize that many of these fantastical paintings were based on the Huangshan Mountains in China. These mountains are famous for their steep granite ridges, bonsai-like trees, and cloud formations. So after learning about the Huangshan Mountains, my wife and I traveled there and hiked the steep mountain trails for three days. One evening I went to a ridge-top summit, along with several hundred other people. While most others were focused on the sunset to the west, this scene to the south caught my eye just as the sun’s last rays illuminated the two nearby peaks. Fog swirled around the peaks and down into the thick under cast.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor