Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
There's a kind of magic in long-lens landscape photography in that it just "gets you there", where the awesome lives. Deep in the valley along the Illecillewaet River in British Columbia's Selkirk Mountain range, there are a hundred marvelous, steep vistas whose northern faces never feel the sun full-on, and the delicate dance of light and shadow happens a mile above you. But if you bring a long-enough lens, you don't have to be Icarus to catch the show. This shot was taken at 500mm and isolates the high-up glare of the morning sun that would be wasted with a wider field of view.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor