TAKE PART • WIN $100
June 3, 2020, 6:40 AM. -- Overlook facing Northwest from Murphy Hogback on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park. The previous day we had travel some 42 miles on the White Rim Trail, a famous 4x4 train in the Canyonlands to our campsite at Murphy C campground on the western edge of the Murphy Hogback. The next morning I got up early to catch the early light of the sunrise. I hiked a few hundred yards from our campsite in the predawn light to this location.
In the mid center of the image the Green River meanders through the canyon around Turks Head. The sun's rays are just starting to illuminate Candlestick Tower. The White Rim Trail snakes along in the foreground. We would have traveled on the trail seen in the photo later in the day but due to the fact that the Green River was at flood stage with the spring runoff, the trail was underwater at one point. This forced us to back track exiting the area the way we came in the previous day which was a great disappointment.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor