TAKE PART • WIN $100
A trip to Los Angeles in California to attend an exhibition at the Los Angeles Center for Digital Art where my work was being exhibited was the perfect opportunity to explore the Death Valley area to the north and west of the city. This area had appealed to me ever since meeting another photographer whose work featured some images of the area.
Having rented a car in LA we allocated several days to explore Death Valley and the Mojave desert and after leaving LA stayed overnight at Ridgecrest then on to Stovepipe Wells which was central to Death Valley.
The route we took required the ascent of two mountain passes with some amazing views but the occasional terrifying drops at the roadside.
From Stovepipe Wells which is a ranch style accomodation centre with restaurant we continued to Shoshone via Death Valley Junction where the landscape changed from the backdrop of mountains to a flatter plain with mountains in the distance.
After leaving the famous salt lake at Badwater we headed towards Zabriskie Point to ascend from the valley but I was attracted to the desert scene consisting of desert floor with some death defying plants in close proximity and then mountains in the distance with clouds above.
The Death Valley area is known as the hottest place on earth and lived up to but well worth it and a visit is thoroughly recommended but do your research first and plan the trip carefully as it certainly is a very hostile enviroment. Rent a vehicle with good air-conditioning and good brakes as they are essential through the very steep passes.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor