Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The photograph shows an isolated and almost abandoned beach in the area of “Camp Morvedre”, located in the north of Valencia Spain. The picture was taken at sunset when the last sun rays were touching the small sea stack and some of the surrounding rocks, illuminating the approaching clouds.
There is a small fortress only about a hundred meters away from the location that seems to be of a mix of constructions from different eras in the history of Spain. Clearly, this spot played a defensive role during successive periods of time centuries ago. Frankly, the location is not one of those popular and exotic spots people visit to find unique beauty. But, I find this is a clear example of how in so many cases a very attractive scene can turn out to be not so photogenic, whereas interesting images can result from unappealing sceneries. Actually, it becomes a matter of putting elements together at the right time of day, and that was my choice once again for this occasion.
I visited this location on a semi cloudy evening for the very first time in early August 2021, and realized that I had to return the very next day. All of the elements were there, except the tide was lower than the previous day, thus I did have to rearrange composition and angle of view.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor