Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I have family in the southwest region of Virginia, U.S.A., and I always bring my camera gear when I'm visiting. One of my cousins knows the area well, and always takes me to a new place to shoot when I visit, and this time it was Pinnacle Preserve Park. It was a short hike up the mountain following the creek which leads to what they "Big Falls". It was hot, humid and very sunny, which are not the best conditions for shooting long exposures of waterfalls. Since I was only there for a few days, I had to work with the conditions I had. So, I used my Lee 10-stop ND filter, along with a circular polarizer, and a gradient filter, and with my Really Right Stuff tripod nestled in the rocks of the waters, I took some shots. I noticed the bubbles in the current and thought that would make for good lines with the right exposure. I always take several shots when shooting long exposures, just to make sure I get the look and feel I'm wanting with the flowing waters. This was one of the last shots I took, as the sun was getting higher and the temps were getting hotter.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor