Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was in the area for work and decided to investigate Rome and the Vatican area. I had rented the Laowa 17mm for GFX and also brought along my only GF lens, the 32-64mm. I decided to scout out St Peter's to see about potential compositions.
Nothing really prepares you for the immensity of this space. It is a sort of wide angle lens paradise, but there are so many architectural details as well. Tripods aren't allowed, so you have to get creative to capture the depth of field. I can say that after two days there, I knew every nook and cranny for propping one's camera on for stability. The floor was useful as well, especially with the Laowa. I got in when it opened to get the most crowd-free perspectives.
I eventually moved on to other areas in Rome, but this Basilica stuck with me with its grand interior.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor