Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Most people don't know this: Yellowstone National Park is an active super volcano! And that was exactly the reason for my visit... Yellowstone sports some three hundred geysers and over ten thousand geothermal features. Yellowstone is essentially a volcanic park.
I was not sure which geysers were going to be active in the early morning that I hiked out among the upper geyser basin - also home to the famous Old Faithful geyser. Walking out among the various geysers and hot pools in the early cold morning is like being on another planet! Geyser eruptions streams and huge steam banks filled the atmosphere all around me. Being a cold 19 degree morning allowed the steam to really show off and play in the predawn light.
I finally came to my favorite geyser, Castle Geyser, and it was in full eruption. I still had some more time before the sun broke the horizon, so I had time to position my camera to take full advantage of the coming rays. I could just imagine what the scene would look like when the sunlight crashed into the thick, sulfur-rich steam eruptions. And I was not disappointed! The constantly changing steam made for an alien like environment allowing me to capture one of my favorite photographs of Yellowstone - Sleeping Dragons.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor