I had been out on an adventure all day with friends in Huntington, Vermont. We said our goodbyes and headed separate ways. We were close to a view I had shot many times of Camelshump Vermont's 4th highest peak.
The sun was getting low and it was a cold crisp day in late January. I could tell it was going to get pink. I made it just in time to catch the orange-to-pink glow hitting the peak of Camelshump from the west. I didn't have time to set up my tripod so I climbed into the bed of my pickup truck to get above a group of trees that I wanted to cut out of the foreground.
I took this image at the peak intensity of the alpine glow and then proceeded on my way home. It's moments like these that get me excited. The feeling of being in the right place at the right time is addicting.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor