Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Sossusvlei is a salt and clay pan that is among the most famous attractions in Namibia. Many years ago a river flowed between the gigantic sand dunes in this desert region, and provided enough water for trees to grow in this pan. However, since then the river has failed to reach this pan most years, killing the trees. Because of the very dry climate, the dead trees have remained well preserved. My wife and I visited Sossusvlei soon after the morning sun had reached the pan. While some other visitors climbed up the gigantic sand dunes flanking the pan, I spent time trying to find a good composition among the dead trees in the pan. This composition of several trees in the foreground and background made me think of dancers in the desert. The orange in the background is the base of an enormous sand dune.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor