I was hiking back to the Punch Bowl on the Spruce Railroad trail along Lake Crescent. The fall colors were at about peak, and I saw this shot. There is an old railroad tunnel about 1 mile into the hike.
The rail line was used to bring lumber from the west coast of Washington to the lumber mills along Puget Sound. Beside the tunnel is a deep pool of water that people jump off the rock cliffs into the lake on warm days. It's a beautiful, quiet area to hike in.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor