The Mallos de Riglos are a series of rock formations that appear as a wall that watches over the valley of the Aragón River. The photo is taken from a nearby place called Mirador de los Buitres (viewpoint of the Vultures) since colonies of griffon vultures nest on these walls. This enclave provides great sunsets that allow you to contemplate the last lights that illuminate the valley. This enclave is a wonderful point right in the foothills to the south of the Pyrenees (Huesca, Spain). As it is about 40 km from my house, through a forest track, I come close to it with some frequency, especially. at sunset; This supposes moments of stillness and of expanding the soul, in the solitude of silence and of the wind that frequently blows with intensity. In this year of pandemic and frequent confinements, I have enjoyed it even more intensely on the occasions when I have been able to get close. The view of this valley at sunset is hardly ever disappointing.
On this occasion, after a rainy day, the afternoon left a fairly clean sky with a few clouds that, fortunately, at sunset, allowed intense rays of sun to filter into the sky while their light, already declining. It brought contrasts of light and shadow to the valley; Those sun beams added spectacularity to the landscape. It lasted only moments but for me they were magical and full of poetry. I hope you like it and transmit to you the sensations that I was able to experience in those moments.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor