Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This photo was taken in early May when Mendeno Creek had just started running in braided channels at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado, USA. Seasonal depth and duration is directly related to snowpack in the mountain watershed above. This year the water was one inch to four inches high, not tall enough to float on. I made it across to the dunes running barefoot in the cold water. It felt great with temperatures that reached 80 degrees earlier in the day.
We walked quite a bit in the dunes to find a clean location in the sand before deciding on the general area sunset images would be photographed. We were all thrilled that the light was amazing that evening. While I was photographing I clearly wasn't thinking about how cold the creek would be a couple hours later. Oh my!
The rest of the trip, because the water was colder and running higher each day, my group decided to wrap our feet and legs in big garbage bags to cross over to the dunes to keep our shoes dry and our feet warm.
Photographing the sand dunes was an adventure I will long remember.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor