TAKE PART • WIN $100
Several years ago, while driving through the countryside of Door County, I came across this log house located in the middle of a field. Since discovering it, I have gone back to this field and this lone house many times. I have taken photos of the house during all four seasons and at different times during the day. My favorite time of year and day are summer mornings. Since the house is located in the middle of a vast field, it is not unusual to see fog surrounding the house early in the morning. Unfortunately once the sun appears, the fog quickly burns off.
One morning while I was taking photos, the owner of the property came out to meet me. He explained that the house was from the original farmstead located on the property. Over the years, all of the other farm buildings had either fallen down or been taken down. His family is willing to deal with the inconvenience of planting around the house in order to keep this historic house.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor