Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
It was a cool and wet October day we chose to head home from spending time in the eastern end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula where I grew up. We wandered slowly west day by day, starting at Tahquamenon Falls, heading west to Munising and Marquette, then northwest to the Keweenanaw Peninsula and finally southwest of the Porcupine Mountains. It rained nearly every day. A lot of rain. These smaller streams in the far western end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula are normally very low in mid October. But this year, water was everywhere.
We had stopped at a number of small waterfalls to walk along the waters edge. This image was taken along an unknown small stream. The color in the trees was highly variable depending on your exact location. In this spot, green still dominated the scenery. But just a few miles away, trees were yellow, gold, red, and orange. Getting these photographs meant getting my feet wet. Due to the volume of water in the creeks, thanks to the recent rain, this meant wading into the creeks to set up the tripod to get the best images.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor