I took this photo from Brooklyn, NY - DUMBO, to be precise - looking out across The Manhattan Bridge into Manhattan.
I had never done a cityscape, and I had never done a long exposure. I saw some amazing examples of long-exposure photos and was simply inspired to attempt to learn how to do this. So, I went online to research the techniques for taking these types of photographs. Once I thought that I understood what was involved, I jumped in the car and drove to Brooklyn from Greenwich, CT and just tried.
By trial and error, I experimented with shorter and longer exposures and different apertures to better understand the multitude of options available to me in manual mode. I loved the whole experience. The journey of discovery was as rewarding to me as taking the photograph.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor