TAKE PART • WIN $100
In June last year I did my first overnight astrophotography shoot in the mountains above Oberstdorf in the Allgau mountains of southern Germany. After shooting stacking shots into the wee hours I finally laid down to catch a few minutes sleep in the springy blueberry bushes. As it began to get light I noticed that my improvised bed was right next to this small blackwater pond on the peaty ridge and I used it to reflect the sky colour and bring a bit of structure into the photo. The white dots are the cotton tufts that you frequently find on wet ground in the mountains. This was the best colour of the morning, after this the dawn was a little bit lacklustre. This is a 3-shot HDR image assembled in post in order to get the most out of the light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor