I have traveled to Yellowstone National Park in winter numerous times to photograph the abundant wildlife, driving along the one road in the park that remains open in winter.
Although I do mostly landscape photography, I have not been often inspired to capture winter landscape images along this road in Yellowstone. However, I returned to a well-known vista on the road last month when the morning light was exceptional. An unusually thin snow cover made lines of trees stand out more on the landscape. I used a longer lens to compress the ridges and emphasize the lines in this scene.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor