Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I've been making the hour and a half drive north from my home to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes park for a few months now. I love going early in the morning when the light is low and the shadows are strong. After first discovering the place I soon realized that capturing in black and white is a good way to show case the area. This dune stood out to me on this morning, with the sunlight catching the peak and the shadows showing the textures and shapes. I set up my tripod and took several shots. I later processed this in Lightroom converting to black and white, and adding contrast.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor