A few kilometers south of the cozy ski town of Revelstoke, BC, an old logging road winds south through the Akolkolex. In total, the rugged single lane dirtway winds on for a total of 37km. I loaded up my Canon R5 and a host of long lenses, hopped in my Jeep and went for a solo jaunt up this daunting mudway. Made it about 12km before cell service dropped off, and within a few more kilometers, common sense got the better of me, and having no winch and no help, I turned tail and headed back, but not before a break in the trees presented me with this gorgeous caldera-like vista. I'll confess, I never found out the mountain's name, but even a nameless wonder is still a wonder. Hopefully in spring of '22, I'll try again (with a copilot and chains).
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor