It was an evening after a snowstorm and the weather was clearing and getting colder as the sun went down. I was driving by this creek that runs to Port Valdez Bay and loved the scene with the snow-laden trees and brush so I stopped to take this photo.
It was late and the light was going fast and I needed a fairly narrow aperture to get the whole scene in focus plus the early model digital camera was very noisy at high ISO settings so I opted for a long exposure at a lower ISO.
The mostly blue skies and the low light resulted in a light blue cast that was beautiful and the heavy fog over the distant bay was a nice bonus as were the mountains on the opposite side of the bay which were breaking out of the retreating clouds.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor