This autumn, I decided to visit places in the Dolomites that I had not visited before. One such place is 'Lago delle Malghette'. Lago delle Malghette is an alpine lake in north-western Trentino. It is located in Val Meledrio at an altitude of 1890 metres in the Adamello-Brenta Natural Park.
Coniferous forests and meadows characterise the environment on a terrace overlooking the northern Brenta Dolomites to the east. The path to get there is about 4 km long and is not particularly difficult, although it is a little challenging in the last part.
When you arrive, you are immediately in front of the refuge; I arrived around sunset. No one was around, and there was no sun but beautiful, threatening clouds.
I had in mind the framing of the photo I wanted to take. I had analysed it by consulting Google Earth, and I had to go to the opposite side of the lake, bordered by a path that many times became a small stream.
The light was fading fast, the lake water rippled in the wind, and the beautiful Dolomites in the background were covered by clouds. But all of a sudden, the clouds cleared, and the water calmed down. After just a few moments, I took a single photo, and everything went back to normal!
I don't know exactly what this incredible place might be like in other seasons, but I think it deserves a visit.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor