Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The skies of the southwest United States during “Monsoon Season” can be incredibly spacious and beautiful and a wonderful time to capture the warm colors of sunset reflected in the clouds.
The months of July, August and September are the hottest time of year for the Colorado Plateau’s high desert. It’s also “Monsoon Season” when afternoon thunderstorms are most frequent and severe. The potential exists for heavy rain but frequently the afternoon thundershowers are more wind and lightning than rain. These thunderstorms are variable in intensity and location and occur mainly between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6pm.
The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is a wonderful place to photograph the earth and sky. When the afternoon monsoon thunderstorm is dissipating and the warm colors of sunset approach the most difficult decision can be where to point the camera.
If you are planning a trip during monsoon season, stay safe during storms. Afterward, take a look outside to see just how much these crucial rains change the landscape. Monsoon rains bring the desert to life! Smell the rain-soaked dirt and watch plants and flowers come back to life. Look for a rainbow overhead and listen as the birds start to sing again. It is the perfect time to adventure and explore with somewhat cooler temperatures and abundant flora and fauna and beautiful skies.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor