It was a foggy sunrise. I hiked early in the morning to photograph the sunrise with the low clouds as part of the foreground. I brought my Canon 90D with my Canon EOS 16-35mm f/2.8 attached and my DJI Air 2S. The low clouds quickly rose above me, and I couldn't get the right composition in time. Although my surrounding was now consumed in fog, I knew that above me would still be opened up to the sky with low clouds as part of the foreground.
Not knowing exactly what I'd find, I launched my drone directly above me and soon entered a state of euphoria, seeing what was going on above the clouds. I then saw this framing which stood out as a minimalistic shot that expressed my feelings during that moment.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor