Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
A few years ago I led a photographic workshop to Ireland where we had a simply spectacular trip. One place I had been before and especially wanted my group to experience were the cliffs at Loop Head. These ocean side cliffs extend from Kilkee down to Loop Head. They are some of my favorite places in Ireland and are much easier to interact with than their better known and crowded northern neighbors at the Cliffs of Moher.
The drive along these cliff tops is reasonably free of people and it seems that there are photographic opportunities at every stop you make. Most stops will find few if any other people and my group deeply appreciated the solitude we experienced. When we got down to the end of Loop Head with its charming Lighthouse, the Irish rains were starting and our walk along the cliff top was a wet one which was a plus for photography.
In May the Sea Pinks are in full bloom and they love the seaside clifftops so we saw these everywhere. This photograph was made with my camera and I both well protected from the steady rain and the breeze was at my back so I didn’t have to be concerned with rain on my lens. The Sea Pinks made my forground easy to compose and the rain made the huge smooth blank wall of the cliff in the distance shine with running water. I have looked at this same composition in sunny weather but the conditions on this wet day were clearly the best.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor