Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This landscape photograph was taken in Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park in British Columbia, Canada. Accessible only by helicopter or hiking, Mt. Assiniboine is one of the most formidable peaks in the Canadian Rockies. My wife and I opted to hike into this park in the summer of 2019. After 29 kilometres, we wished we would have taken the helicopter. There isn't much elevation gain on the hike, but, being flat-land dwellers, 29km's with 50 pounds on our small backs was unpleasant.
All that said, the payoff of seeing the incredible spire of Mt. Assiniboine was worth every kilometre of pain. After a break, setting up camp at Magog Lake, and a good meal of dehydrated food, we explored Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park for 3 days. This allowed us to take in a few of the day hikes in the area. During our second day, we hiked towards Marvel Lake and through the most incredible alpine wildflower fields I have ever seen. It just so happened that Naiset Point was looking pretty photogenic from parts of this field, so I logged the location away for the next sunrise.
Sunrise in the backcountry during Canadian summers isn't a fun thing to wake up for. It means a 4 AM wake-up call after putting nearly 40km on your legs in two days with only the promise of instant coffee to keep you going. It means hiking for 4 more kilometres without knowing whether you'd get light, clouds, or wind. All that said, the experience of a sunrise in the Canadian Rockies backcountry is one I will never forget. The morning was breathless and completely silent. It was just God, me, my bean juice, and a beautiful sunrise
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor