Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park is a famous natural landmark in the western United States. Photographers flock to this location especially for sunrise. On this particular June morning, I arrived early before dawn only to find a crowd of photographers already stacked in front of the arch, positioned to photograph the rising sun through the arch. Giving up hope of finding a place to photograph through the arch, I went to just to the north of the arch to photograph the sunrise over the deep canyon beyond the arch. However, as the sun neared the horizon, I realized that the sun was rising farther north on the horizon than I and almost all other photographers were positioned for. So I trotted behind the crowd to the south end of the arch, easily finding a spot at that end next to a photographer from Slovakia. She and I were the only ones to capture the sun rise through the arch that dawn. As they say in real estate, location is everything. And quickly correcting your own mistake can also be essential.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor