Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
An auspicious morning at Prince Edward Point National Wildlife Area. The sun was just on the verge of breaking the horizon, and as we photographers know this is the best time to catch the pre-dawn light reflecting off of the clouds. This location is some distance from my home so I was obliged to rise in the middle of the night to get here in time for the summer sunrise. Luckily it wasn't a journey without merit. As the clouds began to illuminate I was getting increasingly excited about the scene.
I had scouted out this location, with it's dead tree stumps, a few months earlier and thought it would make a nice composition with a sunrise. Because of an incoming cloud bank the rays of sunlight were sliced diagonally across the sky. I intentionally waited for this transition to align with the top of the stumps. To balance the composition, I included Timber Island, on left side of the image. This is another location I come back to frequently. It is a provincially significant bird migration area, and each year thousands of migrating birds from Sparrows and Chickadees, all the way up to Owls and Bald Eagles are banded for important research.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor