Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Sunrise on Salina -- part of Italy's magnificent Aeolian Islands. In the distance, lies Stromboli, with its active volcano spewing the remnants of its clockwork eruption. In the foreground is the Punta Lingua Lighthouse, which -- despite badly needing a coat of paint -- is still active. On this morning, I have fresh in my memory the ascent up the volcano the previous day, and standing relatively close to the spewing ash (enough so to get "rained" on) and unique strombolian eruptions of lava. Now, each plume of smoke brings back a sense of excitement and awe. It took a bit of patience to get the lighthouse lit yellow and volcanic eruption at the same time, and was well worth it. I love the contrast between the two: the lighthouse with its human-created beacon of forewarning ... and the volcano, powered by nature's awesome unpredictability and grandeur.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor