Immediately over the bridge onto Long Beach Island in New Jersey there is a public boat ramp with a beautiful little fishing pier and gazebo. I visited this location on a very cold and windy January evening to catch the sunset. My goal was to capture the golden light of the setting sun lighting up the gentle waves and the gazebo to the left of the frame. Gusty winds created a numbing wind chill. I spent two hours at this location framing different compositions before I settled on this version. I tried to time the capture to include some gentle rolling waves in the foreground to help lead your eye to the pier. The experience of dealing with the elements was as much fun as taking this shot!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor