TAKE PART • WIN $100
I travelled to Franz Josef - a small township on the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island - to visit the glacier that the town is named after. It was raining heavily the day I travelled to Franz Josef and when I woke the next day it was still hammering down. I had booked a helicopter flight up onto the glacier which of course was cancelled.
After moping around town for an hour or so, I travelled to a nearby forest and lake hoping the weather would clear but it didn't. I managed to get some photos I was pleased with but I could have got these in many other places in New Zealand.
The next morning I woke to a brilliant sunny day and was able to take the second flight up onto the glacier. It was covered in thick new snow - all the rain that had been falling on the township had been falling as snow up in the mountains. I was thrilled because the images I got that morning with the fresh snow were better than what I'd have got on the day before. Sometimes delays are a blessing.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor