I was waiting for the perfect time to hike in the Pyrenees. But sometimes bad weather is good weather for photographers. That is what this hike was going to teach me.
What began as a warm autumn uphill walk ended with the first snowstorm of the year. Winter arrived sooner than expected. Temperatures quickly dropped below zero. The green hills suddenly turned white while all the lakes began to freeze.
It was even snowing inside the wooden hut, so I needed to set up the tent inside the shelter. It was very unpleasant for the human body, but my eyes were filling up with beautiful landscapes, so I took my camera and went for a walk.
The wind was blowing fast so even with 1/250sec you can see the white traces of the snowflakes. Standing on a stone, I was able to capture this beautiful moment of pure energy.
What I like about this photograph is that I can share with you this moment. Maybe you can feel the cold and the sound of the wind like I did last winter, standing before this magical landscape.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor