I took this picture on my first trip to Maine in Acadia National Park. After braving the 2 AM hike up Cadillac Mountain to see and take pictures of the sunrise, my wife decided she would rather take the long, winding road down - not the scaling down the cliffs.
It was off of this road I glimpsed this darkened grove where the sun just about shone through. Like all of my photography, it was taken without preparation, and this time the light behaved in my favor. The scene itself pulled me in, and I wanted to explore. Unfortunately, we were both tired and decided it would be better to go back and take a nap.
While I might not have gone hiking off the trail that day, I still have this picture and the imagination of what lay farther in.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor