TAKE PART • WIN $100
The Painted Desert in Arizona extends from just east of the Grand Canyon southeast to the Petrified Forest National Park. Access is somewhat limited because much of the 93,000 acre natural wonder is within Navajo and Hopi land. This image was made in the Petrified Forest National Park. Because of concern about vandalism to the areas of petrified wood, the park is open to visitors only from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Not the most conducive to landscape photography! In addition, huge wildfires in California this past summer and early fall created very hazy conditions in much of the American southwest. I therefore opted to shoot this image with my infrared-converted camera and develop it as a black and white. I titled it “River of Time,” recognizing how long it must have taken for the intermittent water flow is this very arid area to create the dry riverbed that draws one into the image.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor