Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
When traveling with friends in the fall of 2017 to Grand Teton National Park in the state of Wyoming, my wife and I and our friends enjoyed a delicious brunch at Jenny Lake Lodge. While we were eating, snow was falling heavily for about 2 hours. After the meal, I stepped outside onto the entry porch and was surprised by the scene before me. Two aspects of what I saw intrigued me; the lone gold aspen tree that had yet to surrender it's leaves to coming winter and the leading line of the draining water which led me into the scene toward the gold tree. I also liked the contrast of the evergreen trees covered in snow against the color of the small aspen with the Tetons shrouded in the background.
I took two handheld pictures in aperture priority at F/8 at 28mm while standing and enjoying the scene. Although it was very cold after being inside by a large fireplace, the silence and stillness of the moment was one that I will not forget.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor