It’s all about the light in the desert, as was the case with this scene. While hunting around for a nice grouping of cottonwood trees amongst a forest of mostly barren and browned over ones I found this group. The almost perfect mimicry of the shape of the trees, in the ridges of the badlands behind stopped me dead in my tracks. Shape mimicry is something I always seem to find and gravitate towards almost subconsciously.
As I captured this scene for more than an hour I watched the light change from harsh to soft, to flat to soft again. It’s that afterglow, the 10-15 minutes after sunset when the desert comes alive.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor