Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
As I stood on the shoreline of Moose Pond in upstate New York the stillness of the scene was amazing. We had traveled little more than thirty minutes out of the resort town of Saranac Lake when we found it. Then, while composing this image, I began to hear chatter. It sounded like three people out there somewhere having a good time. Then I began to realize they were on Moose Pond itself. I couldn't see they because they were still so far away but the sound of their voices and laughter was as clear as the pond itself. Finally, as I began to fold up the tripod they appeared - three small specks in mid-pond, paddling three kayaks and chatting all the way. What a delightful memory this image brings back each time I see it. The memory of a quiet morning in New York in an absolutely serene setting. I can only imagine what it must look like when fall arrives.
But we couldn't see them, they were too far away. After making the images and folding up the tripod they suddenly appeared way off in the pond - three people in kayaks paddling our way. Each time I see this image the memory of their friendly chatter pops up in my mind, reminding me of the quiet, peaceful serenity of the place.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor