Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I took this photograph of Lough Shindilla in the Connemara area at sunset in August 2020. This lake lies on the main N59 road near Maam Cross, about an hour from Galway. It is small at about 2 km long and 1 km wide and is one of many loughs in this region. We set up camp there overnight, as the nearby camping sites were all booked out.
Lough Shindilla is picturesque and surrounded by mountains. It is a terrific spot for some fishing or kayaking. We spent a lovely afternoon there, setting up our tent, drinking tea, and enjoying the scenery. The night, however, was not so relaxing. Our tent was below the level of the main road right next to us. We were separated from it by a row of shrubs at least, but it was terrifying and hard to sleep with the many vehicles passing by overhead. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea to camp on the side of the road.
Having survived the night, I feel it was worth it for the views and would likely do it again. There is something quite magical about waking up in a tent and venturing out in the early hours of the morning to watch the sunrise. I much prefer this kind of visceral experience. I would love to go back there someday to kayak out to the island of Scots pine trees in the middle of the lough. The west coast of Ireland is breathtaking, and one could spend a lifetime exploring it.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor