Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I set out for a sunset picture after planning this for a week using PhotoPils as a relatively new photographer. Malibu is crowded with tourists, bikinis, models, wedding shots, and photographers. I talked my self into making the 2 hour drive, searching 40 min for parking.
I got to the beach and the famous caves which were over run by people and a high tide. Discouraged but undaunted, I waited. A local photographer told me to go just a little North around a bend to a treacherous section which had a few more lesser know caves. I crawled into one, set up my composition.
The marine layer rolled in as the tide approached its height making shooting a bit stressful but fun. I got a series of shots with ND filter and without filter. The ND filter added the mystical feel to this shot I was after. The shot feels like another world that is misty and you could walk across the waterscape. In reality, they were large waves.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor