Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The opportunity to travel the Mediterranean coast presented itself this year. Traveling from Barcelona to Rome presented many photography opportunities. Having been to Rome before, there were a few must have pictures. One bucket list picture was from the Tiber River up to Sant Angelo during sunset and blue hour. The day was hot and cloudless on July 2nd. With a little luck, clouds did come in around the evening hour. Change of plans to take advantage of lower light and clouds: long exposure. The shot taken was one of nearly one hundred at different angles, panos, and without an ND filter ( I had an issue with a polarizing filter stuck on my lens I could not get off).
After the shoot, I processed via Lightroom and merged shots for focus stacking and pano. Sant Angelo is a three shot, focused stacked pano. The editing was kept as natural as possible. Some editing was done in Photoshop to remove some of the algae in the river but not all, remove some lights that were distracting and highlight the statues a little. I know that Sant Angelo is often photographed, I hope you find the view and perspective unique.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor