Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The Whitby steps at sunset is a classic image, popularised by Joe Cornish many years ago, but in recent years wild flowers have started to appear on the banks next to the steps and this has added an extra dimension to the image.
I’d tried to capture this image several time over the last few years, but without success, so I decided that I’d better have another go this summer. The weather forecast was poor for the following week, so that night looked like it might be my last chance before the flowers wilted.
The sky was dull and overall grey when I arrived, but the forecast predicted a shower at 7pm, followed by a break in the clouds between 8 and 10, so there was a chance. As I set up my tripod around 8.30, there was a small break in the clouds that was moving ever so slowly nearer where I wanted it to be! Then just on sunset, the light broke through to give me this scene. Five minutes later a squall was coming in from the left and a couple of people sat on the bench infront of me, so that was sign to pack up and head to the car before it rained.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor