Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Acadia National Park is my favorite park in the eastern US. In its relatively compact borders are miles of rocky shoreline, ponds and tarns, forests and high hilltop vistas. Because it occupies much of Mt Desert Island, it offers both sunrise and sunset possibilities. Fall color draws photographers by the hundreds. Luckily most of the tourists head for the summit of Cadillac Mountain, supposedly the first location on the US east coast to see the new day’s sun. Many photographers head for the rocky shore along Ocean Path, and it has grown increasingly crowded over the last decade. Luckily it is about a mile long, and most photography tours make a bee line for Boulder Beach.
I have made a habit over the years of starting my visit shooting near Thunder Hole. As has often been my experience here, no other tripods were in evidence. I was rewarded with one of the best sunrises I have seen at this location. So imagine my surprise when a year or so later I was perusing the website of one of my favorite photographers and contributor to LPM, Ian Plant, and saw a shot of Acadia with a sunrise that looked very familiar to me! No doubt he was leading a tour somewhere else (luckily for me) along Ocean Path. I was even more pleased that the contrast and saturation in my sky looked very much like his.
This image is a blend of two exposures, one for the foreground and the second for the sky. They were initially processed in Lightroom and then blended in Affinity Photo.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor