Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This was my first trip to Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming. Coming from Florida I was very much looking forward to seeing some wildlife and the fall colors. The trip was based around a photo conference in Salt Lake City Utah in early October. I had the option of arriving early or staying after the conference to visit the Tetons. As everyone knows, trying to predict fall colors is very difficult and there are a lot of factors. I was worried if I waited until after the conference, the fall colors would be either muted or have already fallen.
After a long day of shooting both wildlife and landscapes, it was time to pick a sunset location, I decided on the T.A. Moulton Barn as my sunset location. It was still mostly cloudy when we arrived at the barn location about an hour before sunset. This gave me plenty of time to pick my final location and get fully set up. Plus, there was only 1 other photographer so I got to pick my spot. The closer we got to sunset, the more the clouds started breaking up. The lighting turned out to be really nice as it started to show behind the mountains and was by far the best during the whole trip. The original shot was a 6 shot panorama at 36mm in portrait mode with a full frame Sony. This gave me me a full view of the mountain range with enough foreground and sky for a lot of different cropping options. The final composition concentrated more on the fall colors, barn and the lead in stream.
The Grand Tetons are a wonderful place to shoot for both landscapes and wildlife. I am looking forward to visiting one year in the future to photograph some snow during the early springtime.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor