Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Springtime in Hood River, Oregon and the surrounding area is such a magical time. During your stay there you can enjoy a quaint downtown with many great restaurants and unique shops. From Hood River you can even explore the Washington side with many other gorgeous scenery and places to photograph.
You have the Columbia River, waterfalls, wildflowers, mountain views, and farmland, so the possibilities for great pictures are endless. Mt Adams and Mt Hood can be seen from Hood River. Oh and let's mention the views from many locations that are so breathtaking! For all those reasons, this is one of my favorite places to return to again and again. If you wish to take pictures of the farms and mountains, do take the time to do your research as you don’t want to step onto private property.
This picture was taken from a public road, so I didn’t walk on private property. On this particular day I was attempting to photograph Mt Hood with a pear orchard in the foreground. My goal was to make it for the time when the white pear blossoms on the trees appear. As well as get a nice sunrise or sunset. Before my visit however, recent wind and rain had cleared most of the blossoms of their petals. On this particular evening though, I was able to be there for a soft, pastel colored sunset. The sunset colors appeared when there was still some visible blue in the sky. It was such a lovely evening!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor