TAKE PART • WIN $100
Abraham Lake lies along the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains in central Alberta, Canada. Due to the transition between the flat lands further east and the Rocky Mountains, the natural weather patterns form fronts and ridges of clouds and banding that appear over the eastern end of the lake, such as this cloud formation over Mount Michener. Often, the ridge of cloud will stretch from the south horizon to the north horizon, parallel to the mountains. Even with howling winds, common at certain locations on the lake, the cloud ridge will stay mostly stationary.
In this situation, the sun had set on the lake, but the last rays of the sun lit up the incredible clouds with stunning light. With the great vantage point looking across the frozen lake in February, it made for a great sight, one I keep going back for every winter.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor