In the shadow of the famous Vestrahorn mountain in Iceland, Brunnhorn is an amazing subject to photograph due to its spectacular location and always surprisingly unpredictable conditions. For this sunrise shot, I was gearing up for a windy, cloudy morning with lots of moving clouds and otherwise dynamic conditions. It turned out to be a cloudless morning without a single detail in the sky; therefore, I have chosen to concentrate on the scale of the scene (using the zoom 'compression' technique) and bringing in an old church into the composition to hopefully convey the scale of the scene in the way it is perceived when one is at the location.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor