TAKE PART • WIN $100
Iceland in the winter, the snow-covered mountains, the long-empty lonely roads, on an icy cold -6 degrees, with clear crystal clear visibility and stunning blue skies we continued our journey around route 1 in Iceland.
Having visited the glacial lagoon jokulsarlon, and the glacial tongues dancing down from the Vatnajokull glacier, we were heading back towards Kirkjubaejarklaustur for the evening when we came across this stunning scenery in front. This is the Hvannadalshnjukur range the highest mountain range in Iceland.
Getting out of the vehicle setting up the tripod directly in front of the vehicle in the middle of the road, I hastily took the photograph, although I could see the road ahead was clear I could not see behind and did not want to cause an obstruction.
I would recommend going to Iceland in the winter if you wish to see the northern lights, but for seeing the scenery I recommend going in the summer when the interior roads are open.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor